Illustration by Nicholas Cloister
Some of these references require conversion to Pathfinder Rpg.
Books you should be using already if you are writing for Rite Publishing (and yes I am totally biased)
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 1-4
- Advanced Bestiary by Green Ronin Publishing
- Tome of Horrors Complete by Frog God Games
- Forgotten Foes by Tricky Owlbear Publsihing
- Monsters Unleashed Vol 1-5 by Purple Duck Games
- Book of Monster Templates by Rite Publishing
- 101 Not So Simple Monster Templates by Rite Publishing
- 101 Variant Monsters by Rite Publishing
- Pathways #1-27 free e-zine by Rite Publishing (there are monsters and monster templates in nearly every issue).
- Legacy of the Dragons by Malhavoc Press
- The Iron Heroes Bestiary by Malhavoc Press/Fiery Dragon
- Deluxe Book of Templates by Silverthrone Games/Mongoose Publishing
- Template Troves vol 1-4? by Siverthrone Games
I am now going to make a list of monsters (this is a work in progress) from various books that I think are cool, the monsters are are evocative in appearance, have well written flavor, and have mechanics that surprise and challenge players.This is just a quick run at this list as I will be adding to it as I run through every OGC monster book out there.
Creature Collection III by White Wolf/Sword & Sorcery
Golems (amalgam, amber, bramble, coral, ember, hive, moon, penumbral, sand)
Spontaneous Golems! (Gallows, Hide, Hoard, Plague)
Hydran Creature Template
Infested Creature Template
Denizens of Avadnu by Inner Circle Games
Strange Lands: Lost Tribes of the Scarred Lands by White Wolf/Sword and SorceryUnholy Chorus